Lake Königssee - Berchtesgaden National Park
Lake “Königssee” is only about 6 kilometres away from our camping site. You can get there quickly and easily by bus. The use of the public transport services is free of charge for guest card holders.
The world famous Lake "Königssee" in the immediate neighbourhood of the campsite impresses with its unique scenery and the fascinating mountain panorama.
The lake is nestled in "Berchtesgaden" National Park.
Visitor attractions and pursuits around the lake:
- Wild animal feeding in the hamlet of St. Bartholomä in winter
- National Park Visitor Centre in St. Bartholomä
- "Salet" landing stage - the access point for the exploration of the national park
- "Kessel" landing stage - the starting point for marvellous hikes
- Mountaineering experience at "Watzmann" Mountain (2713 m)
- "St. Bartholomä"" Church - a baroque-style gem
- Exploration of wilderness around the lake with the ranger
- Guided tour through the hamlet of St. Bartholomä with the ranger
The famous and legendary "Echo of Lake Königssee" enchants the visitors.
Nestled in the national park, the clean lake boasts drinking water quality. Only electric boats are allowed on the lake.